Tuesday, July 31, 2012

If Only I Had ...

If Only I Had ...

Paid attention in school, studied harder, gotten a degree, taken my time choosing a profession, been kinder to my family and friends, taken better care of my health, prepared for the future, had a plan B, given back more to my community,  not always taken the easiest way out, read more of the classics,
taken responsibility for my downfalls, answered the call when someone needed me. If only I had waited 10 seconds before answering in haste, given more than I received, played fair, taken 
the high road, nurtured my children, shown respect to my family, friends
co-workers and strangers. If only happiness, peace 
and success were my mantra every
morning upon
rising.

STOP

°°°

START 

Today
is an opportunity
to pay attention, study and work
harder,  get a degree and rethink your
career and professional path. As of this moment
you have the chance to be kinder to family and friends.
Today you can start exercising and eat healthier, lay down a plan
for a better future, volunteer and take the time to go to the library and start
reading the classics. Now is the time to grow in the areas that you choose to improve
upon. This moment is the moment to think before you speak, take the high road and play
fair. Your children are always open to your love and ready to accept you for the person you
are: time to improve that person and nurture those you love. Time to give respect and wake 
up every day with a mantra that fills your heart and makes your spirit soar. Now, is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment