Monday, January 5, 2009

Beginnings

Monday, January 5, 2009 [this is considered a positive day on the Kabbalistic calendar]

Everything has a beginning; a seed level, if you will.  And this is mine.  Encouraged by my husband and household techie, Michael, to begin a blog, I finally decided to 'just do it'.  I really didn't know what topic to espouse as I have so many interests, but then it came to me.  

The Spirit.

Sometimes willing, oftentimes, not.  But each and every day, we, the humans that inhabit this great earth, jump, stumble, drag [choose your own descriptive] ourselves from our cocoon of comfort and start another day.  It is not always easy.  In fact, sometimes it is difficult beyond all else, but, we do it.  To those of us that dragged ourselves or stumbled mindlessly out of bed I say, go back and start over.  You get a 'do over' every once in a while which is a good thing.  While back in bed, think.  Think of all the wonderful and amazing stuff there is out there.  Feel gratitude, awe, introspection and genuine caring.  Feel it all. Love it all.  Even the not so great thoughts.  Without those, the wonderful would not be as wonderful.

So, for today, I will leave you with a wonderful thought. "Beautiful spirit, with thy hair of light and dazzling eyes of glory!" - Byron

Let 'Beauty', 'Light' and 'Glory' be your mantra for today.

Wishing you 'Light & Love'.

2 comments:

  1. i am impressed baby sis-written so well-made me feel at peace-keep up the good work and good luck-look forward to reading more of your work.
    love, rachelle turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed, my friend. I'm so excited to actually know a "blogger"! Keep up the beautiful work and the beautiful words.
    Love,
    Merrill Gelber

    ReplyDelete